Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Spam Subject Line of the Day

Or... Why This Country is the Way it is.

I have several email addresses. Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, .mac, and my ultimate destination of pobox. So I have a vast complex from which to choose my crazy spam subject line riffing material. pobox kindly emails me a list of the spam which it has filtered and kindly declined delivery. That's a daily list of anywhere from 10-30 spam messages. My yahoo account, being the oldest, has weaseled its way on to so many spam lists that I receive upwards of 400 spam messages there every day, only 6-8 per week make it through the junk filters. I check hotmail about once every 3 months, so I don't really know what I miss. Gmail, I get about 100 over a week. .mac? Well, I'm paying 99 dollars a year for nothing. I don't use it at all any more.

So, you can see that I have quite a selection for my new chosen passtime. Today's head-shaker comes from gmail. Evidently, the new thing in spam messaging is getting people to fill out surveys (as opposed to low-rate mortgages, credit cards with no credit check, and male enhancement pills.) On one page, I saw the following subject lines:

Jeremy, Do you like George Bush?

Jeremy, Do you think we should pull out of Iraq?

Jeremy, Do you like Ice Cream?

Jeremy, do you like Icecream?

Jeremy, do you like Cheescake?

Jeremy, Do you like Ice Cream?

(all with their spellings as I received them.)

So, evidently to this poll-spammer, the dessert choices of this country are 4 times more important than what they country thinks of our buffoon of a president we have or the illegal, unjustified, and fabricated war this country's sons and daughters are fighting so Bush and his buddies can have even more money over and above the money they already have that neither they nor their great grandkids will ever be able to spend.

The job market in Vancouver looks appealing.

One last thing... the manic depressed should never, EVER drink. Especially 6 shots in a 45 minute interval. It ruins the rest of the night for everyone else invloved.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

No, it wasn't me. But I was annoyed by the aftermath all evening. I'm about as stable emotionally as anyone can be... and I don't drink to drunkenness anymore, and I sure as HELL don't drink 6 shots in a 45 minute period.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home