Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Spam Subject Line of the Day + bonus

Today's nugget thanks to my friend Margaret, whose blog you can find linked to the right (Fort Worth Sunshine Girl)

From: crack
Subject: become medically disabled

.....yeah.


Went to a new (for me) sushi joint with said friend Margaret tonight based on her recommendation, as well as one from my friend and sushi buddy Paige .... good times. Great company, nice sushi. It's Pirahna's Killer Sushi in downtown Fort Worth. I'd been to the one in Arlington a few years ago, and wasn't totally impressed. But the quality of the fish, and the originality of the preparations here were very good. I also had a pear sake martini... I don't particularly care for sake or martinis historically. But I enjoyed this... the pear offset the vinegarish quality of the sake in a nice balance (I'm all about balance) and all the other martini components were clean and crisp making it a nice beverage experience. And of course, I always love sushi, so it's hard to pick that apart. But I have to say that with the excellent company, the loud atmosphere and the copious alcohol, the sushi was more of an undertone to the evening than the main event. I'm ok with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home